Making Memories: Tech Devices for the Holidays
Rather than sharing a list of gifts you should consider purchasing this holiday, we would like to offer you the top 8 tech devices for the holidays. After all, we’ve heard it before: the true meaning of Christmas isn’t about the gifts, or material things. Rather, it is the season of great joy – spreading the love and caring for friends and family alike.
These tech devices for the holidays (everything from everyday electronics, to free and inexpensive apps and online services) can actually come in handy, making the busiest time of the year run more smoothly and bringing us closer together for the holidays.
Top 8 tech devices for the holidays
You may have some of these gadgets tucked away, avoiding the distractions that they may cause while family is in town. But to be perfectly honest, this technology could be the key to making sure everything goes off without a hitch and stress-free.
1. DVR, Netflix or other TV/video solution. Those family traditions – such as watching A Christmas Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, Home Alone and The Sound of Music never get old. Rather than everyone fighting over the remote to watch their favorite holiday picks, why not tune into these smart TV/video solutions? Don’t like using the TV that often? Why not use the big screen to show-off past holiday pictures, and family photos from throughout the year.
2. Skype, Face Time or other video calling service. You can’t deny, the holiday season can be a tough time to travel, especially if it’s across state lines. Using an Internet-based video calling service helps make far-away family gatherings more personable, and inexpensive, from any location you might be. Don’t let the distance keep you from telling an absent relative that you love and miss them this holiday.
3. Digital Cameras and Hi-Def Video. This may be your tucked away gadget that is long-overdue for a spring cleaning. If you have a Smartphone you might not need this camera anymore, as your Smartphone acts as an all-in-one. But if you do have a digital camera or hi-def video, it might make for an interesting family video come next-year. The grand-kids might get more excited, featured as the star-role in your new video and you can easily edit and work on the computer to perfecting the best scenes. And you don’t have to worry about it taking-up tons of memory on your phone, you can download to a DVD, Thumb-drive, or the cloud to share, or mail to anyone in the family.
4. Wireless home monitoring. Home monitoring systems, equipped with sensor devices, can literally be a holiday-life-saver. They can detect and report any unusual behavior, track vital signs and any emergencies while you’re home or away for the holidays.
5. GPS. Once a hot holiday gift, your car GPS might come in handy for a variety of scenarios this year. Whether you plan on going out of town, get a tree from a new location, or even if you have family visiting, especially new drivers in the family, you can tap into the GPS tracker to make sure they arrive safe and sound to where ever they plan to adventure off to.
6. Smartphones. Regardless of your age or skill level, these tech savvy cell phones allow everyone in the family the opportunity to call, surf, and even video. Different smartphone models have larger buttons, readouts photo speed dialing, voice recognition and many other features allow family and friend stay connected during this gayest time of the year.
7. Health tracking software. For many of us, the holidays are full of good eats and treats. While these indulgences can be delicious, for some in the family it can only be done with caution. They may need to monitor their health from time to time, and make sure not to go too overboard . With the help of a computer or mobile device, one can download health tracking software to monitor health. Whether it’s to measure the amount of steps taken in a day, reminders for medications or track other nutritional needs this type of technology can empower them to stay on track, while enjoying time with the family.
8. Phone apps. Our personal favorite of the many 2016 tech devices for the holidays. There is an endless possibility, literally hundreds of apps that could come in handy and make the busiest time of the year run more smoothly.
Share this festivity with friends and family using these tech devices for the holidays. That’s right, no need to purchase new, expensive technology to impress the in-laws; all you need is a few of these everyday gadgets at the tip of your fingers to spread the joy and love, while making the holidays run smoother than ever.